Allstate Reviews, Coverage Options, and Ratings for 2019
4 OUT OF 5 RATING FROM THE ZEBRA
One of the largest insurance providers in the US, Allstate earns high customer satisfaction and JD Power ratings. If you’re searching for a wide range of coverage and assistance from a local agent, Allstate could be the insurer for you. Let’s take a look at Allstate Insurance reviews, customer-submitted complaints and praise, along with available coverage options.
Get a Quote
|JD Power Rating — Average: JD Power rates Allstate a 3 out of 5 in overall customer and claims satisfaction. |
Financial strength — Excellent: An insurance company’s financial strength reflects its ability to pay out claims. Allstate has a Superior rating.
NAIC Rating — Excellent: The National Association of Insurance Commissioners received fewer complaints regarding Allstate than average in 2018.
Allstate car insurance coverage options
Allstate provides all the basic insurance coverage options: liability, comprehensive, collision, and uninsured motorist coverage. Outlined below are additional features available through Allstate.
Allstate currently provides ride-sharing car insurance coverage in 47 states and Washington, D.C. Allstate's ride-share coverage works with Lyft and Uber to ensure your vehicle is protected throughout your workday.
Allstate's accident forgiveness coverage ensures your rate won't go up after an accident — even if you're at fault.
Allstate has three tiers of roadside assistance: membership, pay-per-use, and roadside coverage. The membership tier provides the most robust coverage, although each promises 24/7 protection against flat fires and dead batteries.
Drivewise is Allstate’s usage-based insurance program. Drivewise uses an in-car device to measure your behavior behind the wheel and more accurately price your premium. Good driving habits can earn you a big discount.
New car replacement
If your new vehicle is two model years old or less, Allstate will replace your vehicle with a new one in the event of a total loss, rather than issuing a check for its depreciated value.
Allstate’s Deductible Rewards offering provides a $100 deductible discount for every accident-free year.
Safe driving bonus
Allstate's safe driving bonus provides a check in the mail every six months if you steer clear of collisions.
Allstate discounts and rewards programs
Allstate offers a number of ways to put money back in your pocket. Below are common ways to save.
- Multiple policy discount: if you bundle your renters, home, or other Allstate policy with your auto insurance, you can earn a multi-policy discount.
- EZ pay plan discount: if you set up automatic payments from your bank account, you can earn a discount of up to 5%.
- Allstate eSmart discount: creating an online account with Allstate can earn you as much as a 10% discount and make paying your car insurance bill quicker and easier.
- FullPay discount: if you pay the entirety of your premium up front, you can earn up to 10% back.
- Early signing discount: signing your policy documents at least seven days before your policy inception date can earn you a 10% discount.
- Responsible payer discount: after your first year with Allstate, you can earn a 5% discount if you did not receive a cancellation notice for non-payment your previous year.
Young driver/teen discounts:
If you’re a young driver — under the age of 25 — you can save in three different ways with Allstate.
- Good student discount: full-time, unmarried students with good grades can earn up to 35% off.
- Safe driving program: this program results in premium discounts of up to 25% if a teen driver completes the teenSMART driver education program through Allstate.
- Student away from home: if a young driver attends school more than 100 miles away from their listed residence, Allstate offers up to 35% off.
- New car discount: save up to 15% by covering a new vehicle with Allstate.
- Anti-lock brake discount: save up to 10% if your car is equipped with anti-lock brakes.
- Anti-theft device discount: save up to 10% if your vehicle has an anti-theft device.
Additional lines of insurance
In addition to car insurance, Allstate offers a variety of other coverage types:
- Homeowner’s insurance
- Renter’s insurance
- Condo insurance
- Motorcycle insurance
- Business insurance
- Life insurance
- Motorhome insurance
Is Allstate right for you?
One of the leading insurance providers in the US, Allstate holds a 4 out of 5 rating in terms of customer satisfaction and JP Power Financial strength.
Allstate's array of coverage options should cover any of your insurance needs, including auto, home, and even your pet. What about the cost? Because car insurance is priced based on you, your location, and your driving habits, it's impossible to provide a precise estimate. The best way to find out whether Allstate is affordable for you is to get a quote.
Click here or below to see how much you could save with Allstate auto insurance.