Amica Mutual Insurance Reviews, Coverage Options, and Ratings for 2019
Based in Rhode Island, Amica Mutual Insurance Company offers various types of coverage and is well-known for its great customer service. Amica offers a wide array of coverage options and has a number of discounts for policyholders. Is Amica Insurance right for you? Have a look at our Amica Mutual Insurance Company review below to find out more about Amica's available insurance policies and overall customer satisfaction.
Amica car insurance coverage options
Amica offers typical auto insurance options such as liability (both bodily injury and property damage), comprehensive, collision, and uninsured motorist coverage. However, a number of Amica's options go beyond the basics. Amica prides itself on offering coverage options that aren’t widely offered by other major carriers. Have a look at the list below.
Amica can provide help should you find yourself facing car trouble. The following services are available:
- Towing (non-accident)
- Flat tire changing
- Dead battery jump start
- Fuel delivery
- Help to unlock doors
This coverage covers the cost of a rental car should you be involved in a crash. While coverage varies by state, most policies are able to cover rental costs up to $20 per day, up to a total of $600.
Services unique to Amica:
- Free lock replacement service if you lose your keys
- Free repair of damaged glass
- Free repair of deployed airbags
- No depreciation of your new car if it is totaled (must be owned less than one year)
- Reimbursement for lost wages due to court appearances
- Up to $1,000 in bail bonds
Platinum Choice Auto
This is a premier coverage option that policyholders can elect to purchase. It offers the following special benefits not otherwise found on standard policies.
Amica uses “Advantage Points” to determine discounts or other good driver rewards. You start earning these points by signing up for — or renewing — a policy, referring others to the company, or completing a year of good driving. These points can be used to reduce or eliminate your deductible or to keep your rates from rising after a claim.
Full glass coverage
While this varies by state, in most cases this coverage fully covers costs related to repair or replacement of your windows or windshield. It also eliminates the deductible for any damage costs.
Identity fraud monitoring
This coverage provides monitoring services that keep tabs on your personal information. Amica monitors clients' credit files around the clock, offering notification of unusual activity within 24 hours. Should there be a problem, Amica offers assistance from specialists who are trained in how to combat fraud.
Prestige rental coverage
If your covered vehicle is involved in a crash, Amica offers up to $5,000 (with no daily limit) toward a rental car similar to the affected vehicle.
Amica insurance discounts
Amica offers a variety of ways to save money on auto coverage. Check out some of the following below.
- Loyalty: If you have kept a policy with Amica for two years or more, expect a loyalty discount.
- Multi-line: You can save upwards of 15% by combining auto insurance with your renters, life, condo, umbrella, or homeowners insurance policies.
- Claim-free: Stay claim-free for three years and receive a discount (exemptions for glass and towing).
- Multiple-auto: If you cover two or more vehicles with Amica, you can save 25%.
- Homeownership: Home ownership can lead to insurance discounts.
- Legacy (Family): Those under 30 years old can save if their parents have carried an Amica auto policy for five years.
- Payment in full: Paying your policy premium in full before the due date can lead to savings.
- AutoPay: You can save money by using automatic deductions to pay your premium.
- E-discount: Signing up to receive policy and billing information electronically can lead to savings.
Amica insurance discounts related to the car
Your automobile itself can lead to a variety of discounts.
- Anti-theft:If an approved anti-theft device like a vehicle recovery system or alarm is outfitted to your vehicle, you can save money.
- Passive restraint:If your vehicle is equipped with airbags, you can get a discount.
- Adaptive headlight: You can save if your vehicle has specially designed headlights that make it safer to drive at night.
- Electronic stability:Electronic stability control features can earn you savings.
- Forward-collision warning:You can receive this discount if your vehicle has collision-avoidance features.
Amica discounts related to the driver
These discounts are directly related to the individual driver’s behavior. Have a look at how your choices can save you money.
- Defensive driver training:By going through an approved defensive driving training course, you can save money.
- Driver training:Young drivers can save money by attending approved driver training programs.
- Good Student:College and high school students aged 15 to 25 with at least a "B" average can receive a discount.
- Student away at school:When your full-time student is away at school and without a vehicle, you can save money.
Amica is unique in that it offers what’s known as a dividend policy. This policy returns a small portion of your paid premiums in the form of a dividend payment. Average annual payments are typically between 5% and 20% of your yearly premium.
While this policy may have a higher upfront cost, it can save you money in the long run. You can receive your dividend payments in the following ways:
- Mailed check
- Automatic direct deposit
- Applied toward future premiums
Additional lines of insurance
Amica has a wide range of insurance products to cover virtually all of your coverage needs, some of which can be bundled with your car insurance policy. Here are the available options for additional coverage:
- Small business
- Wedding and event
Is Amica car insurance right for you?
Amica has lots of great features for the average driver. With a strong customer satisfaction rating, it seems that they go above and beyond to take care of its policyholders. If you are looking for other coverage types, such as home, renters, or life insurance, the company could also deliver. Rates will vary from state to state, so if you are looking for an auto policy, it pays to look around for the cheapest insurance rates and the best auto policies.
Remember that factors such as your credit score, driving history, and previous insurance claims will affect your rates, so looking into different auto insurance companies should be a regular occurrence. Luckily, The Zebra can help you find company reviews and insurance quotes quickly and easily.