My 17yo son lost his license, what do I do with the insurance?

My son will lose his license for 6 months after getting a DUI. Should I remove him from my insurance? To restore his license, he needs to to have an insurance and install an interlock on a car that he will be driving. But I'm not sure what to do about the insurance?

Jan 22, 2018 Allentown, Pennsylvania

Ava Lynch

Jan 22, 2018

The decision will ultimately be determined by the policy rules of your insurance company. Because he won't be driving for 6 months but is of driving age, your best bet would be to see if you could "exclude" him from your policy for the duration of his suspension. This way, you won't be charged as much while you're waiting out the suspension. However, not every company will allow that, so it's best to contact your insurance company and see what the best course of action. Here are some additional resources:

Compare insurance rates today!

Location pin icon
glyph-shield-checkmark No junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.
Related Questions