Ask An Agent


Get free insurance advice on demand



Is my 18-year-old son covered on my car insurance if he still lives with me?

My 18-year-old son is driving a car that’s in my name. What happens if there’s a wreck? Will my insurance still pay, or will I be obligated to pay out of pocket?

Agent Answer

If your son is living in your home, he needs to be listed on the policy as either a driver or an excluded driver. An excluded driver means they are not covered to drive the car at all. Since your son is driving the car, he needs to be listed as a driver for him to be covered while driving your car.

Don’t hesitate to ask if any other questions arise? Have a great day!

Was this helpful?

0 0
  • Didn't Find What You Were Looking For?

    Ask us another question and an insurance expert will get back to you with an answer.

Looking to save money on your car insurance?

Learn More