Ask An Agent


Get free insurance advice on demand



What address should I use for a new car insurance policy if I am about to move to a different state but don’t know the address?

I am in the process of buying a new car and will need insurance on it. I am also moving to Wyoming in the next week for a job, but I don’t know the address. Which do I use?

Agent Answer

Neil Richardson

You should use the address where you are currently living, especially if you don’t know the address of the place where you are moving. The problem is, you will likely have to start a new policy once you move to Wyoming since each state has different insurance requirements. This also means that you will have to cancel your previous insurance policy and hope for a refund. I would highly recommend finding out your new address so you can purchase a policy in Wyoming since auto insurance in Michigan is notoriously expensive.

Was this helpful?

0 0
  • Didn't Find What You Were Looking For?

    Ask us another question and an insurance expert will get back to you with an answer.

Looking to save money on your car insurance?

Learn More