What is the appropriate insurance for a student renting an apartment out for the summer?

I am a graduate student looking to rent out my apartment for the summer. I am looking to buy insurance over that time period. My university views the renting out of the apartment as a “sublicense” as opposed to a sublet. What type of insurance is needed for something like this?

Jan 10, 2021 Cambridge, MA

Renata Balasco

Jan 10, 2021

You may not actually need to get coverage yourself. If you don't have any possessions in the home and won't be residing there, I would make the current tenants furnish their own renters insurance. The building itself should be covered by a landlord policy in addition to that. 

Compare auto insurance rates and save up to $670 per year!

Location pin icon
glyph-shield-checkmark No junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.