Can my brother use his insurance for damage he caused to my vehicle?

I had a claim filed against my insurance, not my accident, but my brother's who was insured and was driving my vehicle. How can I get that removed from my insurance? The accident happened in North Carolina. As previously stated he had his own insurance and everything. I was not in the vehicle. At the time I was covered by USAA.

Jan 6, 2019 Willingboro, NJ

Ava Lynch

Jan 6, 2019

Unfortunately, car insurance follows the vehicle, not the driver. In this case, he cannot use his own insurance to cover the damage he caused to your vehicle. If the accident was reported to your insurance company they will not remove it because it was a reported claim, even if they didn't pay out on it. You can call your insurance company to see about disputing the accident but ultimately it would be up to them to remove it from your record. Good luck and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Compare insurance rates today!

Location pin icon
No junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.