Can I file a claim with the at-fault driver if I started it with my company?

I started the claim with my insurance and now found the other at-fault driver claim - should I move over and file a claim with the at-fault driver? I started with my insurance because the at-fault driver did not have a valid insurance card. Now they have filed a claim and my adjuster found it. Should I move over and work with the other insurance company? I did have an injury and had to go to the doctor, nothing major but I am in a brace for my wrist. My vehicle just got totaled out by my insurance company and they have made me an offer that I am not satisfied with at this time. My insurance company is pushing me out of my rental now that they have made the offer. Need advice.

Apr 26, 2019 Plano, TX

Ava Lynch

Apr 26, 2019

My best advice is to contact your insurance company and speak to an adjustor. If you're unsatisfied with the claims payout for your totaled car, you would need to dispute it with your insurance company. Here is an article on how to do this. Otherwise, my only suggestion is to contact your insurance provider. Good luck and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Compare insurance rates today!

Location pin icon
glyph-shield-checkmarkNo junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.
Related Questions