Can I file a loss of use claim to get rental reimbursement in CT?

My car was parked and damaged in a hit and run. I have full coverage but no rental reimbursement. Under CT Loss of use law can I claim rental reimbursement?

Jan 5, 2019 New Haven, CT

Ava Lynch

Jan 5, 2019

Connecticut does have a subrogation law which states you "are entitled to a comparable rental vehicle or reasonable compensation, for a reasonable period of time necessary to settle your claim or repair your vehicle." However, because you do not know who the individual is, I am not sure how would be the party to compensate you. Normally, you would need your rental reimbursement coverage. My best advice is to contact your insurance company.

Compare insurance rates today!

Location pin icon
glyph-shield-checkmark No junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.