Ask An Agent


Get free insurance advice on demand



Where can I find state minimum insurance for a classic car?

I have a 1979 Mercedes 300 D that is rarely driven. I need to insure it to keep the registration valid so I can drive it on nice days. Which company will help me?

Agent Answer

Neil Richardson

If you’re just looking for liability coverage then you should have multiple options. Unfortunately some carriers don’t offer coverage for vehicles older than 1982, but there are some that will insure your vehicle. Progressive and Geico would be my recommendation, but you may also be able to find coverage with Allstate and State Farm.

Was this helpful?

0 0
  • Didn't Find What You Were Looking For?

    Ask us another question and an insurance expert will get back to you with an answer.

Looking to save money on your car insurance?

Learn More