Can I get car insurance if I'm here on a tourist visa?

I am from Latvia and I have a driver's license from my native country. My husband is living in Lynnwood and we regularly drive our daughter to school. However, in order to do that safely, I would like to get car insurance so I can drive my husband's car. I am 26 years old. What would be a solution? I am here for six months with a tourist visa because we are in the process of petitions.

Jun 7, 2019 Lynnwood, CA

Ross Martin

Jun 7, 2019

In this case, you would want to speak directly with an insurance company. At The Zebra, we have several carriers that will insure you with a foreign license. I recommend giving our agency a call at 888-807-3823. It's much easier to quote a driver with a foreign license over the phone because our site does not have the option for a foreign license at this time. We will still be able to quote you with several carriers.

Compare insurance rates today!

Location pin icon
glyph-shield-checkmark No junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.