How can I get my daughter removed from my insurance?

My daughter doesn't live with me but uses my address as her mailing address because she chooses to be homeless. My auto insurance added her to my insurance policy. I asked them to remove her but they said they needed a piece of mail with her name and a different address before they would remove her. She has nothing like that since she has no place to live and has her mail sent to my house. How can I get her removed? My insurance company, Progressive, said I can't exclude her from my policy because Oregon doesn't allow it. I have been with Progressive for 9 years.

Jul 1, 2019 Milwaukie, OR

Ross Martin

Jul 1, 2019

Thanks for your question. Since she is receiving her mail at your address, that is considered her residence. The only option you have is to find a company that will exclude her. We can quote you with several carriers at The Zebra. You can also give us a call at 888-807-3823. Good luck and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Compare insurance rates today!

Location pin icon
glyph-shield-checkmark No junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.