Can I get an SR-22 car for my car that doesn't work?

I received a ticket but forgot to pay it. My license was suspended my license. When I tried to pay the ticket, I was informed that I needed SR-22 insurance to regain my privilege. I own several inoperable vehicles, but I drive someone else's car. Will SR-22 cover their vehicle? Can I even get an SR-22 for the cars I own?

Jun 28, 2019 Indianapolis, IN

Ross Martin

Jun 28, 2019

Hello, You can get auto insurance with an SR-22 however, you will need to list the vehicle that you own (even if inoperable). You do not qualify for a non-owners policy because you own a car and drive your friend's car regularly. Since you are driving your friend's car regularly, they will need to list you as a driver on their policy in order for you to be covered on the policy to drive the car. I hope this helps. If you have any further questions don't hesitate to ask.

Compare insurance rates today!

Location pin icon
No junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.