Can I get insurance for moving a manufactured home?

Hello. I purchase a manufactured home and moving it to my land, and looking for insurance to cover this while being transported. I would like to get trip insurance for moving manufactured home. I live in North Carolina. Where can I get this? 

Mar 10, 2020 Lincolnton, NC

Ross Martin

Mar 10, 2020

Hello. You are correct in that your normal auto policy wouldn't cover you in this situation. You would need to get Transporter and Installer insurance if you plan on doing this work yourself. From my understanding of the subject, if you are hiring a company to move and install the home, they would have their own coverage and you would not need additional insurance. As far as searching for these policies, you may try a commercial auto insurance company like Carolina Casualty or other local commercial brokers. 

Compare homeowners insurance rates today!

Location pin icon
glyph-shield-checkmarkNo junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.