What can I do if an insurance company is refusing to pay for my damage?

A lady hit my car in a Walmart parking lot while I was parked. She did lots of damage to my driver side door and mirror. Now her insurance company is refusing to pay for the damage. What can I do?

Apr 10, 2017 Fort Worth, TX

Neil Richardson

Apr 10, 2017

If you are having trouble getting the other driver's insurance company to pay out then I would definitely recommend contacting your insurance provider. If that doesn't lead anywhere then your only other option would be to contact an attorney. If the other driver's insurance policy was not active at the time of the accident then their insurance company would not be obligated to cover the damage and you would have to sue the other driver.

Compare insurance rates today!

Location pin icon
No junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.