Ask An Agent


Get free insurance advice on demand



Can I insure my son’s car for him since he has a bad driving record?

My son has a few speeding tickets and he’s only 18. We live in Florida so all the quotes he is getting are extremely high. Can I get insurance in my name so he can get a lower rate?

Agent Answer

Neil Richardson

You can put the policy in your name, but there are a few stipulations. First, your son’s vehicle would have to be kept at your home. Your son would also need to be added as a driver to the policy since he will be regularly using the vehicle. As long as those two requirements are met you should not have any problems. If your son does not live in your household, however, he would have to take out a policy in his name.

Was this helpful?

0 0
  • Didn't Find What You Were Looking For?

    Ask us another question and an insurance expert will get back to you with an answer.

Looking to save money on your car insurance?

Learn More