Ask An Agent


Get free insurance advice on demand



Can I just insure the vehicle and exclude him (the owner) as a driver?

The vehicle belongs to my boyfriend who does not have a valid license but needs transportation to work. I am licensed and have paid for the insurance already not realizing he had signed the title so when he signed over to me. We discovered at the tag office not only I had to register it through the state but he does as well.

Agent Answer

Ava Lynch
Yes. You can add him as a driver and have if excluded on the policy. This means that he will not be covered to drive the vehicle but will still be listed. You can also add him as the additional interest on the policy. An additional interest is someone who has a financial investment in the vehicle. Good luck and if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

Was this helpful?

0 0
  • Didn't Find What You Were Looking For?

    Ask us another question and an insurance expert will get back to you with an answer.

Looking to save money on your car insurance?

Learn More