Ask An Agent


Get free insurance advice on demand



Can I just update the address for my new homeowners after moving in?

We are moving to a home my wife inherited. Our plan is to move our stuff there and then update our current home before selling. Covered? The homes are only three miles apart. Is this a problem?

Agent Answer

Ava Lynch
You need to get the homeowner’s insurance before you move in. You will also need to get the home put into your name. The reason is that the property on your insurance policy is the only property covered. Your belongings are only covered at the home listed on your policy. Good luck and if you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

Was this helpful?

0 0
  • Didn't Find What You Were Looking For?

    Ask us another question and an insurance expert will get back to you with an answer.

Looking to save money on your car insurance?

Learn More