Can I register a vehicle in a different state than I live?

I bought a trunk in California but the original owner lives in Arizona. I was wondering if I could keep the registration information for Arizona so I could get around taxes in California?

Jan 6, 2018 Ventura, California

Ava Lynch

Jan 6, 2018

Auto insurance is state regulated and zip code specific. Meaning, you need insurance is that rated (i.e., priced) for the zip code you live in and built for the state you live in (California). So, by having your insurance for Arizonabut living and driving in California, you risk having your coverage denied and cancelled. Which, if you're in an accident, can leave you financially at-risk. Your best bet is to get insurance for the neighborhood you live in. Do that herewith us.

Compare insurance rates today!

Location pin icon
glyph-shield-checkmarkNo junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.
Related Questions