Ask An Agent


Get free insurance advice on demand



Can I sue my boyfriend’s insurance for medical coverage?

I was driving my boyfriend’s truck. He has full coverage on it. I accidentally wrecked. Can I sue his auto insurance? A dog ran into road landing me in the ditch. 4 of 6 airbags deployed. I was hurt.

Agent Answer

Ava Lynch
Sorry to hear that you were hurt. If you are on the insurance policy you can file a claim under the Personal Injury Protection (PIP) coverage. If you are not on the policy, the insurance company is not responsible for your injuries unless it specifically states in the policy that they will cover people that are not on the policy, which is unlikely. I’m not a lawyer so you can always seek legal advice but from my experience, the insurance company is not liable for your injuries in this type of situation. Good luck and if you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

Was this helpful?

0 0
  • Didn't Find What You Were Looking For?

    Ask us another question and an insurance expert will get back to you with an answer.

Looking to save money on your car insurance?

Learn More