Can I be sued if I was the driver of an accident

I work at a car dealership. I was driving a customer back to the dealership when we got into an accident. He customer was taken to the hospital. Can I be sued for his injuries?

Mar 18, 2018 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Ava Lynch

Mar 18, 2018

There's a couple of things to look at here. If the vehicle was insured for a commercial policy, there should be bodily injury coverage on the policy which would apply to this situation. As long as you're a covered driver (which you should be as an employee), that coverage should kick in and cover the injured party's medical bills up to the limit of the policy. Depending on his injuries and the policy limits, you could be potentially sued for the remaining damages. If that's the case, I would recommend contacting an attorney and see what your options are. You could potentially use the liability coverage on your renters or homeowners to help.

Compare auto insurance rates and save up to $670 per year!

Location pin icon
glyph-shield-checkmarkNo junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.