My car is garaged in Tijuana. What insurance company will insure me for California only?

I want to have a rideshare policy for California only. I have separate Mexican insurance that covers me when I am in Mexico. I don't want to have to lie about where my car is garaged. That seems to be the problem.

Jul 30, 2019 San Ysidro, CA

Kristine Lee

Jul 30, 2019

I'm sorry but since your car is garaged in Mexico, you will not be able to get insurance in California. Your insurance has to be in the state where the vehicle is registered. If it is registered in Mexico, you will not be able to get a U.S. policy. I would speak with your Mexican insurance company to see if there are any options. Good luck and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Compare auto insurance rates and save up to $670 per year!

Location pin icon
glyph-shield-checkmarkNo junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.