Is this a collision or comprehensive claim?

I backed my truck into a storage building. No damage to my truck. Two vertical alum panels were damaged. No personal property in storage. Will my policy rates increase? Is it "collision" or "comprehensive" Should I report it to my insurer?

Dec 6, 2018 Malabar, FL

Ava Lynch

Dec 6, 2018

Since you caused damage to property, you will need to report the damages to your insurance company as soon as possible. This claim would be paid out through the property damage liability coverage. This will be considered an at-fault accident and can impact your rates for up to five years. Since there is no damage to your vehicle, your comprehensive and collision coverage will not be used to pay for the claim. Comprehensive and collision coverage pays for damages to your vehicle, not others. Good luck and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Compare insurance rates today!

Location pin icon
No junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.