Ask An Agent


Get free insurance advice on demand



Do I contact the other driver’s insurance company if they hit me while at the gas station?

I was filling up my car at the gas station and was hit from behind by a Jeep. My insurance policy does not have collision. I want to get my vehicle fixed and the other driver admitted fault. What should I do?

Agent Answer

Neil Richardson

If the other party hit your vehicle, and it’s pretty clearly they’re at fault, then you should contact their insurance for repairs. Parking lot accidents or accidents that occur on private property can be difficult to determine fault, but it sounds like the incident is pretty straight forward. If the other driver’s insurance company agrees to cover your damage then the fact that your policy doesn’t have collision coverage should have no bearing on getting your vehicle fixed.

Was this helpful?

0 0
  • Didn't Find What You Were Looking For?

    Ask us another question and an insurance expert will get back to you with an answer.

Looking to save money on your car insurance?

Learn More