What covers my flood damaged car?

My car was parked in our shed at the bottom of a hill. We had a huge storm while I was on vacation and when I got back home the car had been totaled since it was completely flooded. I'm looking at my policy right now and it says nothing about flood or any other type of damage. What coverage do I need to be looking for to make sure I'm covered?

Mar 6, 2016 Mobile, AL

Neil Richardson

Mar 6, 2016

Comprehensive coverage is insurance that specifically covers your vehicle against damage due to weather events like flooding and basically anything other than an accident. As long as the damage is more than your comprehensive deductible then your vehicle will be repaired by your insurance company once you have paid your deductible. If you see comprehensive on your policy and a deductible amount then you should have the right coverage.

Compare insurance rates today!

Location pin icon
glyph-shield-checkmark No junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.