Do I need an FR44

I am trying to get my license reinstated. I got a DUI in Virginia 10 years ago but now I live in Minnesota so I'm not sure where I need to renew/reinstate it. I was told I needed an FR-44. I don't even know what that is.

Jan 23, 2018 Mounds View, MN

Ava Lynch

Jan 23, 2018

You should be able to reinstate your license if you can pay the reinstatement fee, provide proof of insurance (which is what your FR-44 refers to), and resolving any unpaid fees or dues. An FR-44 is similar to the more commonly requested SR-22 - is it a certificate of financial responsibility that you must file with the state after certain convictions. Typically, a DUI. It will have higher liability limits than an SR-22. This is something you can get when you're getting insurance.

Compare insurance rates today!

Location pin icon
glyph-shield-checkmark No junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.
Related Questions