Ask An Agent


Get free insurance advice on demand



My dog was injured in a car accident, can I file a claim for his vet bills?

I was involved in a hit and run accident and my dog was injured. Can I file a claim for his vet bills?

Agent Answer

Ava Lynch

Insurance companies handle injuries to pets differently. Some consider your pet as your personal property and thus consider their injuries in your policy while others offer an additional Pet Injury Coverage or no coverage options at all. Your best bet is to contact your insurance company or review your policy documents to see if your coverage extends to your dog.

Was this helpful?

0 0
  • Didn't Find What You Were Looking For?

    Ask us another question and an insurance expert will get back to you with an answer.

Looking to save money on your car insurance?

Learn More