Which driver's insurance pays after a hit-and-run?

My 17 year old got into an accident that wasn't her fault and the other driver took off. Should I report it to my insurance company?

Sep 20, 2016 Cocoa, FL

Neil Richardson

Sep 20, 2016

If the other driver fled the scene then the only real option would be to report it to the company that insures the vehicle. If the other driver is found later then your company will work it out with the other driver's company and you will likely get back any deductible you may have had to pay. Hope this helps!

Compare auto insurance rates and save up to $670 per year!

Location pin icon
glyph-shield-checkmarkNo junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.