If my dump truck is damaged in an accident, will I be paid for not being able to use it?

I was driving a company dump truck and was hit by a box truck. The other driver was at-fault and the dump truck is out of commission until it gets repaired. Will I be paid for the days that I wasn't able to use the vehicle? I can't make money if I don't have the truck.

Mar 7, 2017 Atlanta, GA

Neil Richardson

Mar 7, 2017

The insurance company of the at-fault driver should be providing a replacement vehicle until your truck is repaired. You might even have coverage for a replacement on your existing commercial policy so it might be a good idea to contact your insurance provider to ask. Worst case scenario, you may have to file a lawsuit against the driver of the other vehicle to recoup your lost wages from not being able to use your truck.

Compare insurance rates today!

Location pin icon
glyph-shield-checkmarkNo junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.