Ask An Agent


Get free insurance advice on demand



If a friend’s car was keyed while at my house for a party, will he be able to file a claim?

A friend of mine had their car keyed while they were at my birthday party last week. I’m willing to pay his deductible, but will his insurance company pay for the damage?

Agent Answer

Neil Richardson

It really will depend on whether your friend’s auto insurance policy includes comprehensive coverage. Beyond that, the damage to the paint will have to be higher than his deductible before his insurance company will pay for anything. I would recommend asking your friend to get a repair estimate before he contacts his insurance provider so you two can make a more informed decision on how to proceed forward.

Was this helpful?

0 0
  • Didn't Find What You Were Looking For?

    Ask us another question and an insurance expert will get back to you with an answer.

Looking to save money on your car insurance?

Learn More