Ask An Agent


Get free car insurance advice on demand



How do I get my insurance company to stop charging me for a ticket that was expunged from my record?

I got a ticket for speeding and my insurance rates jumped up. I managed to get the ticket expunged but haven’t seen my rates lowered yet. What can I do?

Agent Answer

Neil Richardson

If you are being charged for a ticket that has already been removed from your record, you may be required to show proof to your insurance company that the ticket has been dropped. If the ticket has been dropped and your insurance company will not lower your rate, you should consider shopping with a new insurance company. Comparing rates with as many companies as possible will give you the best results.

Was this helpful?

0 0
  • Didn't Find What You Were Looking For?

    Ask us another question and an insurance expert will get back to you with an answer.

Looking to save money on your car insurance?

Learn More