Ask An Agent


Get free car insurance advice on demand



How do I get a new policy if I’m between residences?

I basically got kicked out of my house and i was told i need to get my own insurance. Im going to buy a new car and need to get insurance anyway. Currently I have a PO box, but am temporarily staying in a hotel. How do I get insurance?

Agent Answer

Neil Richardson

You will need a permanent address to get a policy with most companies so I would recommend using your previous address until you move to a permanent location. At that point, you can update the address on your policy. Since most companies now offer the option to go paperless, you should be receiving your documents via email anyway.

Was this helpful?

1 0
  • Didn't Find What You Were Looking For?

    Ask us another question and an insurance expert will get back to you with an answer.

Looking to save money on your car insurance?

Learn More