How do I get reimbursed for mold damage when my landlord requires me to pay rent in cash?

My apartment is uninhabitable because of mold and mildew. I found a comparable house nearby to rent. However, to get reimbursed for the rental payment, the insurance company wants proof of a cashed check. The problem is that the owner required payments in cash, so I'm not sure how to proceed.

Jul 9, 2019 Santa Rosa Beach, FL

Ross Martin

Jul 9, 2019

Hello, Sorry to hear about your situation. This is a tough call. By paying your rent in cash, you could be losing the ability to trace where your money goes. As such, you'll want to see how your specific company wants to proceed. Getting your landlord involved will help as well, as they could be able to provide proof of your payment. Good luck. If any other questions arise, don't hesitate to ask.

Compare auto insurance rates and save up to $670 per year!

Location pin icon
No junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.