Ask An Agent


Get free insurance advice on demand



Where do my granddaughters need to register their vehicles for college?

My twin granddaughters are coming to Surprise, AZ in August to go to college. Where does the vehicle need to be registered and insured?

Agent Answer

Ava Lynch

Your granddaughters will need to get insurance in the state that the vehicle kept 50% or more of the time. The car also needs to be insured in the state that the vehicle is registered in. So if they will be in Arizona more than California, they will need to register the vehicle in Arizona and get insurance in Arizona as well. Good luck and if you have any other question, don’t hesitate to ask.


For more information regarding car insurance and going to college, see here

Was this helpful?

0 0
  • Didn't Find What You Were Looking For?

    Ask us another question and an insurance expert will get back to you with an answer.

Looking to save money on your car insurance?

Learn More