How do I handle insurance for my license's test?

I only have a learner's permit. Can I insure my new car so I can register it and use it for my license test? I am in international student, and I only have a learner's permit right now. I bought a used car because it became available, and now I am looking to insure and register it so I can practice on my car and take the license test. Can I get insurance on my driver's permit?

Jan 14, 2019 Windham, CT

Ava Lynch

Jan 14, 2019

Yes, there are several companies that will insure you with a learner's permit. Not all companies will do it but most will. Keep in mind, driving experience can also impact your rate. There are several different factors that go into calculating your rate. We can quote you with several carriers at The Zebra. You can also give us a call at  833-768-7789. Good luck and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
For information on car insurance for new drivers, see our guide.

Compare insurance rates today!

Location pin icon
No junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.