What should I do if I hit another driver and can longer reach them?

2 weeks ago I got into an accident when it was raining. It was a minor fender-bender with my car suffering the majority of damage. We exchanged insurance information but I offered to pay out of pocket for his car since it looked like no more than $200 of damage and I can fix the damage on my car myself. I haven't heard anything from this person in over a week and he won't answer my calls anymore. What do I do?

May 26, 2017 Prince Frederick, MD

Neil Richardson

May 26, 2017

If you can't come to an agreement, or if the other driver won't return your calls, the only other alternative would be to report the incident to your insurance company and let them deal with the other party. Sometimes filing a claim is unavoidable due to the other party not being cooperative in your attempt to pay for the damage out of pocket. If you don't hear back from the other driver soon, I would highly recommend contacting your insurance provider.

Compare insurance rates today!

Location pin icon
No junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.
Related Questions