I was hit by an uninsured driver

I was in a minor car accident but I only have liability insurance. The other driver doesn't have insurance and has a suspended license. I have his information on the police report. My insurance company said to fix my car out of pocket. But that doesn't seem fair seeing as they caused the damage. Is there anything I can do in order for the other driver to take responsibility and fix my car?

Jan 12, 2018 Los Angeles, CA

Ava Lynch

Jan 12, 2018

If you do not have uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, your next step is to take the at-fault driver to small claims court. This allows you to file suit for small amounts of damages from others, but keep in mind that you'll need to make your case and there can be costs associated with this and its not guaranteed that you will win (although a police report is very helpful).

Compare insurance rates today!

Location pin icon
glyph-shield-checkmark No junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.