How do I get my ex-husband's accidents dropped from my policy?

I want my ex-husband's driving record removed from my policy. He had two accidents on my policy which I'm now stuck with. How do I get these removed so that they don't continue driving up my rate? 

Nov 14, 2019 Edmonton, KY

Ross Martin

Nov 14, 2019

Sorry to hear that this is following you. Unfortunately, some companies won't work around it if these claims show on your prior plans. In most cases, though they should be assigning drivers to the claims that come up and not charging you with them. You can do a few things to protect yourself. Call the company that handled the claims and make sure the correct driver is marked down. After this, get a letter or notice stating the claim was paid in your ex's name so you can dispute it if a company tries to charge you.

Compare insurance rates today!

Location pin icon
glyph-shield-checkmark No junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.
Related Questions