What should I do if I was hurt in a hit and run accident in Maryland?

I was rear-ended at a stop light and the other driver took off. Their bumper fell off in the intersection, but I later found out that this person did not have any car insurance. How do I get my medical bills covered?

Aug 14, 2017 Baltimore, MD

Neil Richardson

Aug 14, 2017

If your auto insurance policy includes full PIP coverage then you should be covered up to your policy limit for medical bills. Uninsured Motorist coverage is also required in Maryland so, even if the other driver fled the scene of the accident and you don't have full PIP, your insurance policy should still cover your injuries. I would recommend contacting your insurance company as soon as possible to begin the claims process. They can go over the details of your policy and let you know exactly how it covers you.

Compare insurance rates today!

Location pin icon
glyph-shield-checkmark No junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.