Ask An Agent


Get free insurance advice on demand



If my husband backed into a parked car and put a tiny dent in a bumper that was already severely damaged, is he liable for the entire bumper?

The other party has suggested he intends to file a claim. What should we do?

Agent Answer

Neil Richardson

Your husband should only be liable for the damage he caused. However, your insurance company will ultimately decide what they will and won’t cover regarding the repair or replacement of the bumper. Providing pictures from the scene of the incident and explaining the existing damage to your insurance company will help them to make a better determination of how to proceed.

Was this helpful?

0 0
  • Didn't Find What You Were Looking For?

    Ask us another question and an insurance expert will get back to you with an answer.

Looking to save money on your car insurance?

Learn More