I was rear-ended on my motorcycle by an uninsured driver. Will my auto insurance cover the damages?

Washington doesn’t require motorcycle insurance, but I have full coverage auto insurance. A police report was made and the other driver admitted fault. Myself and the passenger went to the hospital by ambulance. Plus, there were damages to my motorcycle.

Oct 16, 2019 Clarkston, WA

Ross Martin

Oct 16, 2019

Sorry to hear about your accident. I hope that you're recovering well. As far as coverage goes, even if the other party doesn't have insurance, that doesn't take them off the hook for the damages caused. They are still responsible.

Essentially, I would still seek out the other driver to pay for damages caused. If you have uninsured or underinsured coverage, those would cover you if you are unable to get them to pay. 

Bear in mind that--as of summer, 2019--the state of Washington now requires motorcyclists to carry liability insurance, meaning that if you continue to drive without a motorcycle insurance policy, you are driving illegally. 

Compare insurance rates today!

Location pin icon
glyph-shield-checkmark No junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.