If I give my daughter in Texas my car, does she need full coverage or liability?

I live in Ohio but want to gift my daughter in Texas with my car (I still owe on it). What coverage does she need to be legal?

Jun 24, 2020 Dallas, TX

Ross Martin

Jun 24, 2020

Per state requirements in Texas, you only need liability to be legal. If the vehicle has significant value or is newer, I highly recommend getting comp/collision to protect her vehicle as well. With young drivers, this is very expensive, but if she were to have a wreck she could be without a car. You can compare quotes right here at The Zebra.

Compare insurance rates today!

Location pin icon
glyph-shield-checkmark No junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.