If I've been paying for an SR-22 that I didn't actually need, will the car insurance company pay me back?

I've been paying for SR-22 insurance that I haven't needed for 2 years. I was curious to see if there was any type of reimbursement that I could get from overpaying for this long.

Jan 28, 2020 Madison, WI

Ross Martin

Jan 28, 2020

Sorry to hear about your situation. Chances are, you can get reimbursed if the SR-22 is deemed to have been unnecessary. You would need to prove this though. This will be the challenging part if it was something like a non-owners plan. You should contact your company and the Wisconsin DMV directly to see what can be done.

Compare auto insurance rates and save up to $670 per year!

Location pin icon
glyph-shield-checkmarkNo junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.