Ask An Agent


Get free insurance advice on demand



If I’m already added to someone’s car insurance but I need an SR-22, how would I do that?

I will be driving a vehicle regularly and I am on their actual insurance as another driver. I am required to get an SR-22 along with the DUI program. Can I get an SR-22 elsewhere?

Agent Answer

Kristine Lee

To get an SR-22, you just need to have it added to the current policy that you are on. You should contact the insurance company and inquire about what their specific process is. There are some companies that file it on your behalf but every company is different. An SR-22 is a filing with that state that says you have insurance, and that the insurance company will notify the state if the policy is no longer in effect.

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask. For more information, see our additional resources below.

Was this helpful?

0 0
  • Didn't Find What You Were Looking For?

    Ask us another question and an insurance expert will get back to you with an answer.

Looking to save money on your car insurance?

Learn More