Ask An Agent


Get free insurance advice on demand



Insurance when car is parked for 6 months

I live in Vermont but winter in Florida. If I buy a vehicle in Florida and leave it there parked for 6-9 months when I’m in Vermont, what kind of insurance do I need?

Agent Answer

Ava Lynch

For the state of Florida, you will have to maintain the liability limit (10/20/10) if the vehicle has plates. You can compare rates for Florida’s state minimum here.

Was this helpful?

0 0
  • Didn't Find What You Were Looking For?

    Ask us another question and an insurance expert will get back to you with an answer.

Looking to save money on your car insurance?

Learn More