Ask An Agent


Get free insurance advice on demand



Is my insurance company responsible for balance after I’ve paid deductible?

I have full coverage auto ins, rented car, opted-out of rental co. ins, rock shatters the windshield. should my ins. co. pay bal. after I pay deductible?

Agent Answer

Ava Lynch

Yes, if the damage is more than your deductible, then your insurance company should pay the remainder of the damages. There are some plans that will not transfer coverage to another vehicle but this is not common. You will need to speak with your insurance company for policy specific information. Keep in mind, the claim will stay on your claims history for up to five years. This will impact your rates negatively while it is on your record. If the damages are not much more than your deductible, I would consider paying out of pocket for the damages to avoid the incident being on your record. Here is more information to consider before filing a claim. Good luck and if you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

Was this helpful?

0 0
  • Didn't Find What You Were Looking For?

    Ask us another question and an insurance expert will get back to you with an answer.

Looking to save money on your car insurance?

Learn More