Do I have to insure my car if it is not driveable?

My car is broken down and I don't plan on getting it fixed. The tags and insurance are up to date, but I'd like to cancel everything since I won't be driving the car anymore.

Sep 21, 2016 Batavia, IL

Neil Richardson

Sep 21, 2016

Technically, you only have to insure the vehicle if it is being driven, but the state could suspend your vehicle's registration for not maintaining insurance so you'll likely have to turn in your tags. You should contact your state's  vehicle registration office for more information on the tags.

Compare insurance rates today!

Location pin icon
No junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.
Related Questions