Which insurers will cover vehicles not manufactured for sale in the US?

I'm considering buying a Japanese van (right hand drive) from a dealer in Canada. My current insurer will not cover any vehicles not manufactured for sale in the US. I'm wondering where I might be able to find coverage.

Jun 22, 2017 Olympia, WA

Neil Richardson

Jun 22, 2017

Your best bet would likely be to contact a local, independent agent in your area because most national insurance companies will not cover a vehicle of that type. Independent agents normally offer a multitude of insurance options and there may be a few companies willing to insure your vehicle.

Compare insurance rates today!

Location pin icon
glyph-shield-checkmark No junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.