Ask An Agent


Get free insurance advice on demand



Who insures the engagement ring?

I bought an engagement for my fiance and I am wondering if she insures or do I? Where can I get insurance for it?

Agent Answer

Ava Lynch

You can purchase additional insurance for your engagement ring through your renters or home insurance. It would be through a rider or additional endorsement if the value of your ring is greater than your property limits (which it very well could be). You will usually need to provide an appraisal to your insurance company so they know how much to insure it for. In terms of who insures it, it can depend. If you bought it independently, I recommend that you insure it yourself as you are the original owner.

Was this helpful?

0 0
  • Didn't Find What You Were Looking For?

    Ask us another question and an insurance expert will get back to you with an answer.

Looking to save money on your car insurance?

Learn More