Is it possible to have long term car insurance with a foreign license?

I only have a foreign driver's license and live abroad. I own a car in Florida and visit often for vacation. I want the car to always be insured while I'm abroad. How do I handle insurance in this case?

Jan 19, 2020 Fort Lauderdale, FL

Kristine Lee

Jan 19, 2020

Yes, you can get longterm car insurance with a foreign driver's license. You may need to look offline, however, and look for an insurance agent or you can call us at 888-444-8949. It may take some shopping around to find an insurer that offers coverage with a foreign license, but there are definitely insurance providers that do accept them.

If you're only using the car a few times a year, consider looking into car storage insurance.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Compare insurance rates today!

Location pin icon
glyph-shield-checkmarkNo junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.
Related Questions